Benefits of Amla
The benefits of Amla has a variety of health benefits, from nutritional to medicinal. Amla is a fleshy fruit with a sour, citrus flavor.
You generally will not find this exotic fruit in your local grocery store. Amla, also known as Amalaki or Indian Gooseberry, is known for its ability to rejuvenate the body or enable the body’s maximum potential. This fruit is
ripe in autumn season in wet forest of hill areas in the Indian
subcontinent. In India it is considered as a sacred tree. The fruit is
very nourishing. Both dried and fresh fruits can be
It has traditionally been used to support digestion, heart health, healthy vision, hair growth, and enliven the body.
The amla berry is truly a superfood! You can find it in a organic powder form which is great to use in smoothies. Here are some of the benefits of amla berry:
- Very high in Vitamin C.
- Provides antioxidant protection.
- Supports healthy digestion.
- Helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
- Supports healthy immune response.
- Supports liver detoxification and liver health.
- Helps fight free radical damage and supports healthy aging.
- It contains many minerals and
vitamins like Calcium, Phosphorus, Iron, Carotene and Vitamin B Complex.
- Gooseberry helps to lower cholesterol level.
increases red blood cell production and strengthens teeth and nails.
- It enhances food absorption, fortifies the liver, nourishes
the brain and mental functioning, supports the heart, strengthens the
lungs, helps the urinary system, flushes
out toxins, increases vitality, and strengthens the eyes.
- Women in India also use it to beautify and nourish their hair. It enriches hair growth and
hair pigmentation. It strengthens roots of hair , maintains color and
luster. Eating fresh fruit or applying its paste on hair roots improves
hair growth and color. Amla oil is very popular in India as it serves as
a very good hair growth booster.
- Due to its antibacterial and astringent agents it protects against infection.
So the benefits of the Amla berry in dried or fresh form is good for your health. Amla was recommended by Dr. Michael Greger of www.nutritionfacts.org
Other Superfoods you may LOVE!
Benefits of Eating Honey
Benefits of Apples
Return to Superfoods Diet page from Benefits of Amla page